Thursday 16 August 2007

Unoccupied Business Park

The Tenbury Biomass Plant Project continues to throw up anomalies.

In a recent briefing document the Project Managers claim (correctly) that the Business Park "has been undeveloped for the last 17 years"

They also state that "Having a fully occupied business park is also seen as a key factor in encouraging economic regeneration"

The strange thing is, I keep hearing about Businesses that have either been turned away, or had unacceptable terms imposed upon them as if to keep them away from the business park.

When I asked about renting a unit there a few years ago, I was told that I would have to fund all the development myself to their specification and then pay rent for the ground the building occupied. As I was a start up company who wanted a small storage unit to rent, this rather put me off!

No comments: