Tuesday 13 November 2007

Tenbury New Town

With more refurbishments moving into their final stages, Tenbury's shops are beginning to look like they have been taking part in a make over show.

I read recently that on average shops re-fit every 5 years. I don't think that ever applied here, but now the work has been done, Tenbury will be able to compete on shopping style as well as friendly service (and very often on price).

I am concerned that no physical progress has been made on what Central TV referred to as 'The Bomb Site', I really don't think that 'Snail Park' (So I am told) is Tenbury's very own ground zero, but I had hoped by now that some stabilisation work could have begun.
Snail Park during Applefest

It's a few years now (decades actually) since I was involved in canal restoration, but I don't remember piling being such a massive engineering feat that it took 6 months to plan.

Hopefully someone will enlighten me to what progress has actually been made rather than the rather unhelpful reports that I have heard about discussions having taken place.

It really would be a shame if all the good work done by the traders is undone by lack of progress on reinstating the Kyre Brook retaining wall.

No comments: