Tuesday 11 May 2010

Everything Everywhere

The mobile phone giant formed by the merger of Orange and T-Mobile's UK is to be called Everything Everywhere.

Although the Orange and T-Mobile brands will remain on the high street, the firm said its new name reflected the ambition of the new business.

I would be interested to hear how mobile phone and mobile internet users in Tenbury find the service from each of the mobile companies.

Please post your comments on the signal strengths you obtain in and around Tenbury and if you have any problems with mobile web services whether on your phone or laptop via a mobile modem.

5 comments:

Ian said...

I use both Orange (phone) and T Mobile (USB stick) in Tenbury with generally very good reception . . . but Newnham Bridge is a black hole!

mrlongbeard said...

On t-mob at the mo. and as with voda and O2 am limited to slow gpsr reception on the phone but signal is OK.
Maybe Tesco can stick a 3G transmitter in their plans when they submit them again ;-)##

Shade said...

I've been with T-Mobile since they were called One2One. Mainly because they were the only one that, at that time, said they had coverage in the area. Tenbury is fine, going up from Newnham to Knighton on Teme is fine, it's just the road along the valley at Newnham that's a "black hole" as Ian put it. Eastham Bridge and Mathon in either direction are roughly where it starts to get better, but the same is true of radio reception in my car along that area too, so it's all down to mast positioning.
Not had any experience of Orange, but remember my sister (who was on Orange) having to lean out parents bedroom window to get a signal!

@WR15 said...

I have been testing the T-Mobile signal and the phone signal seems to be very good, but the data signal is not. O2 seems to be more patchy but have a better data signal in town.

Done a deal with O2 now, so tied in for another 12 months. Perhaps by then the new "Everything Everywhere" super signal will have reached us?

Anonymous said...

I'm with T-mobile and dont have any coverage issues.

I've noticed though that my latest touch-screen phone (samsung) doesn't pick the signal up as well as my old phone does so I think I will change my handset when I can find one I like!!